Tuesday, January 31, 2012

January Faves and Not-Faves.

I've decided to do that cool thing I've seen other people do on their blogs; a photo montage of monthly favorite things. But since I do have a cynical side (at least THIS month) I'm including a "Not-Faves" montage as well in this post. So here you go--Laura's Faves and Not-Faves for January 2012.


Faves: Green Tea, especially the "Pom & Petals" organic stuff from Zhena Gypsy Teas; Sawtooth Winery's 2000 Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon, which I purchased on vacation for $25; this impossibly beautiful passage of prose from Grapes of Wrath by Steinbeck; the real, freshwater pearls I recieved as a gift from my love; my "Kitty," who really missed me during my absence on vacation; gorgeous cloud reflections on Lake Alkali in E. Oregon; the incredibly awesome wine vault at Barbacoa Restaurant in Boise, Idaho; my family (my sisters, specifically); and my awesome guest bloggers!



Not-Faves: The "alcohol-removed" wine I purchaed for...reaons; the [no longer relavant] reasons I was buying non-alcoholic wine, and yes, I was disappointed; the caption speaks for itself, i.e. I don't want to talk about it; the dismal near future of "making a living"; the silly shenanigans the federal government might have pulled earlier this month; the impossibly huge black widow that tried to eat me while I was making dinner one day; more irrational anger at the food-service industry; post-vacation sadness; general anxiety issues.

Yep. So there ya go. I think this is fun, cathartic--AND a way to really lay down a year in memory. So at the end of each month, I think I'll do one of these things. Plus or sans the "Not-Faves" thing, depending on the month. Haha. Stay tuned!

5 comments:

  1. I love it too. A monthly journal in one post including with the pics. Good one. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! Funny and thoughtful at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, guys. I definitely had fun. Will definitely do this again this month. The great thing about it is that I have to be thinking about what my faves and not faves are throughout the month if I'm to compile them at the end. It gives me pause and I am finally taking more time to think about what I'm happy about. Yeah, I think about what I'm not happy about, too, but that has it's place, I think. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. :( sorry about the not-faves, but love that you were able to capture them. This was fun and a great post. I like the idea of taking the time to think about what you are happy about. This post made my not-so-happy about list feel less dramatic.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...