Yesterday I recieved a bloggy award! My good friend Alena, over at Little Bit of Wonderful passed this on to me!
4. The coolest vacation I ever took was to the Redwood and Sequoia national forests on the California coast. Those forests are like a cathedral, so gorgeous, so primeval. Last term, I took a sociology class called "People and Forests." The course discussed our federal, state, and private forest lands, and the values that society places on them. It taught me a lot about environmental efforts to preserve and restore our forest lands. Now, I want to revisit those national forests on the coast.
Here's how it works: recipients of this award must post five random facts about herself, before tagging five other bloggers she thinks should also receive the incredibly sweet blog award. So, here goes...
1. My husband and I just bought a grain mill. The kind where you pour whole wheat berries in, and crank with all your might until flour comes out. I'm ecstatic. For a long time now, Neal and I have dreamed of living green and organic, and becoming self sufficient. Someday we want to own property big enough to have a sizable garden and some goats and chickens. I want to make my own cheese and shit! But, for now, I'll
happily grind my own flour.
|shitty cell phone pic.|
2. I love Mexican food. Especially enchiladas. In fact talking about enchiladas is giving me a craving right now. I also love chips and hot habanero salsa. Recently, my husband and I went out to a new Mexican place in town. After polishing off all the chips and most of the small dish of salsa, the waiter wisked off and brought us a new basket of chips and more salsa. Just like that. We didn't even have to ask! So....yeah. Kinda silly. But I loves me some Mexican food.
3. I love wearing pearls. What girl doesn't?
5. I love journaling. I have a collection that has built up over the years, since I starting keeping a journal at the age of thirteen. Journaling helps me make sense of the everyday stuff that goes on in my head and in my immediate environment, and it helps me hone my craft. The picture below is of my favorite corner of my bedroom. Vintage piggy bank (which doesn't contain any change--the enormous jar to the right is the "real" bank!) jewelry box, miscelany, said journal collection in the shelf below, collection of Poetry Magazine on the next shelf, and so on!