Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Gettin' Crafty

I'm not much of an arts and crafts girl, myself. But sometimes I get a wild hair, a bit of inspiration. Today was one of those times.

I started off by destroying several carefully written articles in Vanity Fair...





Hoped for finished product:




I've seen these little clutch thingies before, made out of candy wrappers or colorful paper, but I like the idea of print, being the nerd that I am. Today I saw one at a consignment shop that was really snazzy. It wasn't woven the way you see the ones above are, but I couldn't find a pattern (or even a picture) of a clutch similiar to what I saw in the shop--just these guys. And so, I thought, what the hell, I'll give it a try! If mine turns out as nice as the last photo you see above, I'll be very proud of myself.

6 comments:

  1. "I started off by destroying several carefully written articles in Vanity Fair..."

    Does this mean you made sure all the articles were of a certain quality? And if so, I commend your commitment to making sure only well-written passages get turned into woven paper clutch thingys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, not exactly. But they better be carefully written, 'cause those articles are like twenty pages long!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa, that is so cute! :) I love diy projects, but I would probably totally screw this up if I attempted to make one. I've never been good a crafts. It's haunted since childhood, because I've always wanted to be crafty. I'd love to know how it turns out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Lauren. It's verrrry slow going, and patience has never been my forte! I'll let you know if it turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so cute. I have been looking for a cool craft project so thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jennifer, you're welcome! There are a million tutorials for this kind of thing online, if you'd like to give it a whirl!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...