Monday, August 20, 2012

CleanWell | All Natural Product Review

Hi everybody,

Today I'm excited to give you a review of a few products I recieved from a great company called CleanWell recently. CleanWell is a line of all natural cleaning products that are completely free of many of the harmful chemicals that are often in other leading brands and great for people with sensitive skin. I'll give you all the details, but first I would like to share CleanWell's story...



The story behind this company is as awesome as the products themselves. It all started with a little boy named Conor, who was born with an immune system disorder that got his father involved in a search for alternative disinfecting agents that would not only be safe for his son, but for the environment as well. Conor's father, Sam, eventually partnered with Dr. Weiss, a Stanford trained physician and expert in natural chemistry, to create CleanWell and the CleanWell line of products I'll be describing here!

The Stats
  • CleanWell's active ingredient is Thyme, a natural antiseptic and medicinal herb. All CleanWell products use a patented formulation of thyme oil, which is biodegradable, good for those with sensitive skin, kid-safe, and eco-friendly.
  • All CleanWell products are free of triclosan, benzalkonium chloride, and alcohol.
  • CleanWell products are certified cruelty-free and not tested on animals.
  • CleanWell is tested at a top U.S. independant microbiology lab.

The Products

I recieved the several CleanWell products you see pictured below.


    
  • Nature's Anti-Bac Liquid Soap
  • All-Natural Hand Sanitizing Wipes (in the original cylindrical container and on-the-go packet)
  • All-Natural Foaming Hand Sanitizer
  • All Natural Hand Sanitizer On-the-Go Spray.

The Review


  • I think my favorite of the products that I recieved from CleanWell was the Nature's Anti-Bac Hand soap. When I squeezed a little into my palm, the scent of lavender was fairly strong, but as I rubbed it into a lather in my hands, the scent faded a bit. It was pleasantly subtle and not overpowering within a few seconds. Also, I liked that this product left my hands feeling clean and soft. The softness comes from one of this product's inactive ingredients, aloe. Mmmm, I love me some aloe! No sticky residues at all! This product came in a nice 12 oz pump bottle, and looked pretty on my kitchen counter.

  • The Sanitizing Wipes also use a formulation of Aloe, for a great moisturizing effect. I liked how soft my hands felt almost as soon as I'd rubbed them a bit with the wipes. This product came in two different forms of packaging: the original cylindrical container, containing 40 wipes, with a plastic dispenser at the top AND the smaller on-the-go packet, convenient for traveling (I carried this packet with me in my purse for about a week!). I must say I didn't really like the cylindrical container's dispensing mechanism. It was difficult to pull the wipes through the small plastic slit in the lid. Other than that, however, each wipe has enough moisture locked in to clean up several pairs of grubby hands, while soothing and softening at the same time! I also really liked the fresh, citrus-herb scent!

  • I put the 8 oz bottle of foaming hand sanitizer in my bathroom and used it several times. This formula is designed to be used for sanitizing when soap and water are not available. You just pump a dollop of foam into your palm and rub until dry. This sanitizer also has aloe as its first inactive ingredient, but I found that the foaming sanitizer didn't feel as moisturizing as the others. Also, I did feel that it left my hands just a little bit sticky and took a bit of rubbing for my hands to completely dry.

  • My favorite santizer was the 1 oz on-the-go spray. Again, it left my hands soft and moisturized and I just loved how easy it was to carry with me while traveling! It's a tiny bottle, with a lid that flips open to reveal a little green spray nozzle. But don't let the size fool you; this little guy contains up to 225 sprays! Long lasting and effective!







Disclaimer:: I received these products from CleanWell for the purpose of providing an honest review. All opinions are my own, and this post is in compliance with FTC regulations.

1 comment:

  1. Great review! I love how you showed each product and told us what you do and do not like about each one. Clean Well sounds like a great brand :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...