Friday, September 7, 2012

Why I'm Rich

So today, I had a little epiphany about stuff. Here it is:

I'm rich where it counts. Simple as that. I have A LOT to be thankful for.

Lately, things have been stressful. Aaand, I'm one of those people who, when she begins to obsess about one stessful thing, then decides to consolidate any and all things IN HER WHOLE LIFE that might possibly be stressful into one massive stressful lump and obsess some more.

This is awesome for my husband, as you can probably imagine.

Today I went grocery shopping and I took longer than usual in the isles because I was trying really hard to get the most for my money and decide what was necessary and what could wait. When I stopped working a few months back, our budget got kinda thrown for a loop-dee-loop and it hasn't always been easy stretching that dollar. Oh, we survive and it's all good--but remember, I'm an irrationally stressed out pregnant lady. So there's that. I finished the shopping and then met my brother for coffee.

I bought us a couple espressos and we talked. It was nice. Then he asked if I could spot him a few bucks and I gave him $4.50 because that's what was in my purse at the time and he said, "great, now I can buy some deoderant and toothpaste." It sounded about right; it's all part of being a poor college student, sometimes. But I was humbled.

And then I realized that I'm rich.

Because I can go grocery shopping and buy my brother espresso, deoderant, and toothpaste.

But more generally because I have a brother that I enjoy talking to. A family who loves me. A husband who also loves me and listens to my crazy whining and puts up with me when I'm obsessing about stuff. I am healthy and happy. I will soon to be a mommy, which is a dream come true. Basically, I have so much that should not be taken for granted.

There it is. My epiphany. And this one I better not let myself forget. :)





1 comment:

  1. Thank you for putting a little perspective on things for me today *hugs*

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...