Thursday, July 26, 2012

The Seven Link Blogger Challenge | Redux

Today I'm doing a little blog challenge that I found over at Thu Nguyen's place, Blogging for INFO. I did this awhile ago--all the way back in 2010, actually, but it's insanely popular and has continued to circulate among bloggers all over the world wide web. At first I didn't really get why it's a "challenge," but thought it sounded fun (and self-aggrandizing), so I decided to participate! Turns out it this is somewhat challenging, especially if you're a long-time blogger. However, the premise is simple: Just blog about 7 links you want to share with other bloggers, one of which links out elsewhere. Like this:
  • Your first post
  • A post you enjoyed writing the most
  • A post which had a great discussion
  • A post on someone else’s blog that you wish you’d written
  • Your most helpful post
  • A post with a title that you are proud of
  • A post that you wish more people had read

The basic idea is to get new readers up to speed on your work. You can provide a small blurb about each of the links, if you like, telling your readers a little somethin-somethin about it, like why you think a particular post was the most fun to write, for example.

Okay! Here are my links:

Welcome to Literary Legs This was the first blog post on Literary Legs. In this post I stated that the purpose of the endeavor was to exercise some of my hopefully not-yet-atrophied creative muscles, and asked all you lovely readers to share you wisdom.

She Also Has a Story In this post, I did some reflecting on the stories we tell about those closest to us and observed that more often than not, people view the events in their lives as elements in a grand narrative. This post was great to write, because it came after a sort of broadening of my perspective. Sharing these insights was refreshing.

In Your Own Little World This post generated a lot of great discussion. It discussed the ways that writers create dynamic settings in fictional narratives. It was buzzed three times on Seededbuzz. I was flattered!

Wilderness, A Unique Perspective This post is easily THE post I wish I had written! It's a review of William Cronan's excellent article "The Trouble with Wilderness" written by my good friend and life blogger, Alena Belleque on her blog, "Little Bit of Wonderful.". Check out this post and read some of her others!

You Talkin' to Me? This is probably at least one of the most helpful posts I've written. In it I discuss 2nd person narrative mode--what it is, and how various authors have used it. It's helpful, because the 2nd person mode is somewhat obscure and not always given the credit it deserves as literary technique.

Old Anthologies I like this post's title, because it has a sort of old-school, vintage-y sound? Maybe? This title just a ring to it....kinda like the words "cellar door." Right?

Writing as Women I wish more people had read this post, because it deals with the ways women come to the blank page. Because I'm a feminist at heart, I am always asking the types of questions that Magen Toole, the blogger I featured in this post, asks about sexual politics and normative representations of women in literature.
 
Okay, there you have it! Try it out for yourselves!

1 comment:

  1. Hi there! I know this is kind of off topic
    but I was wondering which blog platform are you using for this site?
    I'm getting sick and tired of Wordpress because I've had issues with hackers and I'm looking at options for another platform. I would be great if you could point me in the direction of a good platform.
    My webpage :: direct download movies

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...