Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Umm, Where Did She Go?

Hey everybody,

I've been absent over the past week or so, I know. I mean to post. I do. It's just that I'm kind preoccupied lately with...stuff. Like cleaning the shit out of my house. Funny, it took getting preggers to do anything about the clutter that was ruling this domocile. They call it "nesting." I guess I'm nesting. Big time.

The sad part is, I'm still feeling unprepared. The baby room is still...cluttered. It was previously a "strorage room," otherwise known as "that-room-where-we-put-all-the-stuff-that-we-don't-have-a-place-for." Yeah. Anybody have a room like that? My husband was going to clean it out, but he's suddenly working 80 hours a week. So, it's all me, folks. Which is okay. It's just taking me a little longer with this kiddo sticking out in front!

More excuses:

  • We also have a friend who is coming to stay with us for an undisclosed amount of time. She'll be staying in the baby room before it becomes the baby's room, officially. Another incentive to get that cleared...in the next, um, week. Oh dear...
  • I still only have like 3 diapers for this baby boy. That's sewing project number #8 right now. You might remember THIS post?
  • I've been quite unexpectedly launched into the world of PR. What that means, is that I've been contacting and being contacted by several awesome companies interested in providing products for me in exchange for honest review. In the next few months, you can expect to see a few of those products featured here. This isn't exactly a real excuse for neglecting this blog, but it's something I've been working on, so...yeah.
  • Aaand, baby shower stuff... I'm apparently not the only one who got knocked up over the holidays, last year. Several good friends did as well. It's raining babies, folks! I'll be traveling soon to attend the showers. In fact, I'll be going to THREE showers in the space of two days  in a couple weeks. Not joking. So I've been planning and scheming for those.
Speaking of showers...I'd like to extend a special invitation to YOU! We live in crazy times, when friends and loved ones are often scattered far and wide, so, another dear, dear friend who lives in Illinois, is throwing me what they call a "virtual shower," which will be hosted online. I'll throw out some more information as I have it, but I want you ALL to check it out, once it's all set up, even if you only stay long enough to sign the guestbook. Tell me who you are and how you found this blog! I'd love to meet you! There will also be some other fun stuff to do, some pictures, some games, etc. Keep your eyes open for another post announcing that, officially.


Thanks for sticking by me, people! I'll be posting more often as soon as things setting down.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you very good information

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, nesting - fun fun fun :) Sadly, I had my nesting period during that month between learning we were moving into our own place and actually doing it, then all that stupid prelabor crap started, and I never got to actually DO any nesting. I'm so glad you are able to act on your nesting instinct! I'm looking forward to that with my next baby, whenever that happens. Don't worry, you're going to be fine - Silas will adore you whether you have everything done or not *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reading your blog was something that I enjoyed doing. I was informed and entertained at the same time.

    accredited online universities

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...