Sunday, August 18, 2013

Best Baby & Toddler Toys on a Budget

One of the funnest parts of having small children, I think, is the occasional splurge on toys. These days there are just SO many options and so much ingenuity! But while that is true, I'm also kind of a minimalist when it comes to things my child plays with. I look for things that are teaching and hands-on as well as entertaining.

Below are some of my favorite toys and brand names. They foster creativty and learning, while taking it easy on the pocketbook.


Lamaze 

Lamaze toys are great for little hands! Lots of things to grab and pull and hug on! But what I also really like about Lamaze, is that many of their selections encourage development and learning. We purchased the cute inchworm below for Silas, before he was quite old enough to play with it, but now at 10 months old, it's one of his faves! Each segment of the worm has a fun texture or makes a fun sound. The bottom measures increments-- 24 inches/60 cm, like a ruler. Very unique toy and my son loves it!




As parents who were taught to play various instruments as we grew up, the hubs and I feel its important to encourage music in our household. When Silas is older, we hope to incorporate lessons. For now, though, we get a kick out of his fascination with banging and strumming things--yes, strumming! The kid found one of his Daddy's guitars one day and starting plucking and strumming the strings. We couldn't keep him away, until we bought him a miniature version. Then he found our djembe drum and we started searching for something kid appropriate in the percussion department. We found Remo and are very impressed with the selection of kid's tom and bongo drums! These drums are intended for children 3 years old and up, but we decided that we'd go ahead and purchase the one below and supervise his play! One of the best purchases ever!



This company is on my watch list. When our son is a little older, I would like to purchase something in their toddler's department--lots of fun, bright toys that teach kids to find patterns and build a whole from parts! I especially love the two items pictured below! The one on the right is called a "sun sorter" and the other is their "rainbow sound blocks."





How about you? What are your favorite toy brands? What do you look for in a child's toy? What is your favorite age to buy for? I'd love to hear your feedback!



1 comment:

  1. Cool post. I really like your post.
    I like to buy toddler toys for boys. There are many website who famous for kids toys online.
    Thanks for sharing such a nice post.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...